25 Mar Kids – March 25
Posted at 18:00h in Kids at Home
Don’t worry about Tomorrow
Matthew 6:25-34; Jesus Storybook Bible pg. 228-235 (The Singer)
- Gather as a family and watch this video.
If you have kids of all ages encourage them to join in too and do this as a whole family.
- Read the Scripture listed above.
Allow your child to read aloud if they are able. Take turns reading parts of it. You can also read the pages in the Jesus Storybook Bible if you have preschoolers. Or do both! Whatever works for your family. And even if they struggle to be still, push through and do it anyway. You never know what they are picking up.
- Discussion Questions.
Talk with each other and answer together. Feel free to skip questions if you think they are over your child’s head.
- What is worry? (Answer: give way to anxiety or unease; allow one’s mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles / not trusting or giving your fears to God)
- Have you ever worried about having enough food? Or having clothes to be warm?
- Jesus says not to worry about these things and to look at how He takes care of birds and flowers. Birds are able to find food when they need it. And God dresses flowers in beautiful petals. A flower doesn’t ask for a nice outfit! But God still makes them beautiful.
- Does God care more about us than flowers and birds? (Answer: Yes of course! So we know He will always be there for us)
- What does it mean to seek? (Answer: Ask for something from someone; to chase after something)
- Jesus said that the Pagans or those who did not follow Jesus continually “seek” the best food, clothes, and other things. They spend time thinking about those things instead of thinking about the Kingdom of God.
- What is the Kingdom of God? (Answer: The things of God – who He is, what He has done through Jesus)
- What are you worried about?
- “It takes the same amount of energy to worry as it does to pray.” Dr. David Jeremiah
- How can we “seek the kingdom of God”? (Answer: Giving our worries to God, when we feel worried asking Jesus to help, read our Bibles, talk about the good things God has done, etc.)
- Pray for what you listed are your worries.
- Pray for others who are sick and hurting.
- Pray for the truth of who Jesus is to be known in the world.
- Worship. Listen, sign along, and dance to the songs below:
I Will Worship