20 May Kids – May 20
Goodness & Faithfulness
Goodness: Psalm 34:8, Matthew 7:12, Psalm 31:19, James 1:17, Micah 6:8
Faithfulness: Daniel 6 (Jesus Storybook Bible “Daniel and the Scary Sleepover”)
1. Gather as a family and watch these videos.
If you have kids of all ages encourage them to join in too and do this as a whole family.
2. Read the Scripture listed above.
Allow your child to read aloud if they are able. Take turns reading parts of it. Whatever works for your family. And even if they struggle to be still, push through and do it anyway. You never know what they are picking up.
3. Discussion Questions. Talk with each other and answer together. Feel free to skip questions if you think they are over your child’s head.
- How do you know if something is good?
- What does it mean for us to be good? (Being good means doing what is right, treating others with kindness, being fair.)
- Is it hard to be good sometimes?
- What does it mean to be faithful? (Being faithful means being trustworthy—following through on your word. God is always faithful. We can always trust God! Talk about how Daniel was trustworthy AND how He trusted God!)
- Why is it important to be good and faithful? (Because God is! When we are good and faithful we show the world what God is like!)
- Remind your kids that because God is good and faithful, He can help us to be good and faithful too! We can have the Fruits of the Spirit only with His help.
- Thank God for His faithfulness and goodness.
- Ask God to help you grow in goodness and faithfulness.
5. Worship. Listen, sing along, and dance to the songs below: