04 Jul COVID-19 Update
By now I’m sure you’ve heard of the most recent executive order from the Jackson-Madison County Regional Health Department requiring masks to be worn in Madison county. Although this order does not apply to places of worship, I want to remind you of the measures we do have in place in order to keep you and others safe each Sunday (below). Let’s continue to pray for the healing of our land and seek to demonstrate the sacrificial love of Jesus to one another!
Please note: We are now offering a “mask only” venue in the Fellowship Hall. All participants in the Fellowship Hall venue will be required to wear masks throughout the service. It will start at 10:30am and be live streamed into the Fellowship Hall. It will be facilitated by some of our pastors.
- Social Distancing – we have adjusted our seating to allow adequate space for members and guests to spread out across the worship center. We’re asking you to sit in every other pew, and we’ve marked out some spaces to show at least six feet between families and individuals. We’re also asking that you limit the use of restrooms and not gather in the lobby and common spaces before and after the service. If you want to catch up, please do so in the parking lot while maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- Masks and Hand Sanitizer – we’re strongly encouraging everyone who attends to wear a mask. Although you may not feel at risk without a mask, it is a way to help others feel comfortable and safe. We’ll have a limited quantity available, so if you have your own please plan to bring it with you. If you prefer to be in a space where masks are required, we’ve created a venue in the Fellowship Hall where everyone will be required to wear masks throughout the service. We’ve also installed automatic dispensers with hand sanitizer throughout the building for your convenience.
- LIVE Video Streaming – we’re aware that some of you may not feel comfortable gathering in person just yet, so we’re excited to share that you’ll be able to watch the service in real time! We’ve been able to move forward with planned upgrades to the broadcast equipment in our worship center allowing us to improve on the quality we’ve offered during the West Jackson at Home season. You can access the live stream here.
- Offering Boxes – Many of you have already been giving online or mailing your offering to the church office. We’ve installed several giving receptacles in the lobby and near entrances for you to drop your offering instead of passing an offering plate.
- Childcare – We have resumed Childcare during Worship. If you would prefer to take your children into the Worship service, you are welcome to do so. If you would like to take advantage of childcare, you can make reservations for your child here.